Working in our wine team headed up by Gareth Ferreira, Master Sommelier, you will advising guests and serving wines and beverages from our extensive list of approximately 1000 references. Passion and knowledge for wine is a must as you will be an integral part of our established service team delivering a world class wine programme in this iconic three Michelin-starred restaurant. Wine at Core plays a huge part in our guest experience and is a busy and exciting department with a constantly evolving list. We pride ourselves on having an extremely talented wine team and are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join and grow with us.
At Core we offer…
- Tuesday to Saturday working week – 7 shifts
- Extensive wine and spirits list, wine pairings, cocktail menu
- Weekly team training sessions, future leaders programme, field trips, educational seminars
- Training for competitions and exams, for example CMS Intro Certificate, Certified Sommelier, etc.
- High profile events on and off site
- Christmas off
- Competitive salary and potential for promotion
The ideal Sommelier will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fine dining restaurant in a luxury establishment or within a Michelin starred restaurant
- Previous customer experience and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good knowledge of world wines
- Comfortable with high profile guest and wine connoisseurs
- Must hold WSET level 3, Court of master of Sommeliers certified or equivalent
- Excellent command of the English language, a second language would be an advantage